This week was very low key mainly due to conference for two days. I was asked in another email to write about the 5 things I learned from conference and I thought it might be nice to include them in this email!
1. In Priesthood session. Pres. Eyering talked about being an example. One thing he noticed of the people that were examples to him when he was younger was that " I learned about their faithfulness from others". Meaning that the people didn't boast or brag about their talents. They had a quiet dignity.
2. In Priesthood again Pres. Monson talked about courage and how "courage is not limited to the battlefield". He talked about how most acts of courage are when we are by ourselves. He said " Every courage has few witnesses"
3. I like when President Uchdorf talked about gratitude and said it should be more of a "disposition" rather than a conscious act.
4. I LOVED Elder Bednars talk, about we all need a "Load" to progress". He's a boss, 'nuff said.
5. I notice something probably no one else noticed when Packer spoke. he said " There are things that can be learned, but can't be taught". Now to me this was noticed able because I've noticed things that work like that. Primarily like the gospel. It's something you have to learn for yourself.
Hope ya'll are doing well. It's great to be a Mormon.
Elder Eric Kochenderfer